Monday, May 31, 2010

What more could a step mom ask for?

It's not even Mother's Day, yet I received a whole bunch of wonderful gifts from my children today!

1) The 9 year old started out our cuddle time this morning saying that she was thinking about all the ways that her life would be different without me in her life, and all the things were good!

2) At our "Family Thinking Night" meeting, the girls decided that they officially want to call me Mom and WANT me to help them remember if they forget!

3) The girls made precious cards and yummy cookies for our anniversary (with the help of Grandma). The cards said stuff like, "...adventure...journey...family...favorite...angels...LOVE...friends...forever...magic..."!!!

What more can a step mom ask for?

1 comment:

  1. To my favorite younger stepmother (my own stepmother is the older favorite): The girls wrote on their cards with no prompts from Grandma; they wrote straight from their own hearts in their own words. I sense such a peacefulness from them when we talk about you and do things for you. Every day is Mother's Day because there is always something precious to give and receive.

    your only m-i-l

    ReplyDelete